Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, August 14, 2009

My First Blog

I cannot believe I am doing this! I never really thought of myself as a person of influence (and maybe that is all just in my head.) But I was encourage by comments from my friends when I told them that I was thinking about starting a blog! Clearly the status box on facebook is not large enough for me to put down everything I want! But what exactly does it mean to have a blog? This tool, this blogging, means different things to so many people. For some, it is a journal; while for others, it is something fun to pass the time. Some people want to inspire while others want to share a laugh! For me, I think it is a little of all that...and more. I was at a conference recently and a gentleman asked me if I had ever thought about writing something (like a blog, or song). I remember laughing loudly and telling him that it was not what I was called to do! Then he ask, "How do you know?" For some reason I could not answer him. Then, his next statement hit me. "We all get so involved and busy with our lives that we tell ourselves that we can't write songs, or in journals. If we would just stop long enough to listen to God...maybe we would stop saying I can't and actually put pen to paper." And with that statement (though it may not be exact...it is real close), I enter the world of blogging. I feel so blessed to be able to share these moments and insights. And likewise, I look forward to hearing your comments and thoughts!

Singing His Praises!
RG

1 comment:

  1. Great first entry to your blog! I love to Blog and look forward to reading your insight! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete