Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, June 4, 2010

First Friday: 263 and down on my knees

You get out of it what you put into it! This is the shortest, quickest way I can sum up this weight loss journey. I discovered that I was putting up this wall to success in this area of my life. Why can't I see myself at the finish line of this journey? This past month I found several opportunities to move forward both spiritually and physically...and yet, I did not act upon it. Instead, I chose to lay there on the couch with crumbs on my face watching gobs of season and series finales!
Well, June is upon us and I have reason to celebrate! I am thankful that my wife has not given up on me. She has been a constant encourager and support! The bad news...I don't think I have done a good job of encouraging her on this same journey. So we began this month anew with more drive and determination. One of my favorite songs is "Moving Forward" by Israel & New Breed. I close this post with the chorus.

"I'm not going back, I moving ahead. I'm here to declare to You my past is over in You
All things are made new, surrendered my life to Christ. I'm moving, moving forward!"

As we begin our next study, I am looking forward to moving forward with our small group...not just in the area of weight loss. But in our relationship with each other and our relationship with Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment