Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, May 14, 2010

Remembering the Journey

A few weeks ago our church celebrated its 50th Anniversary. It was a huge event with moments of reflection and praise for our congregation. It was a humbling experience for us to take stock of all the blessings God has bestowed on us as church. Over the course of the anniversary weekend, there was a passage of scripture that the Lord revealed to me.

"I consider the days of old, and remember the years of long ago.
I will call to mind the deeds of the LORD; I will remember your wonders of old.
I will meditate on all your work, and muse on your mighty deeds.
Your way, O God is holy. What god is so great as our God?"
Psalm 77:5, 11-13
As we were celebrating this milestone in our church history, I found myself reflecting on God's work in my own life. I realize that I have so much to be thankful for. So much praise is due to God...and I am not quite sure where to begin! The song "We Will Remember" by Tommy Walker was one of the songs that we used over the course of the anniversary! I love the last two verses of the song:
"When we walk through life's darkest valleys, we will look back at all You have done.
And we will shout, 'Our God is good and He is the faithful One.'
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, to the One from Whom all blessings flow.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, to the One who's Glory has been shown."
"I still remember, the day You saved me. The day I heard You call out my name.
You said You loved me and would never leave me, and I've never been the same."
Hopefully, you have heard this song. If by chance you have not, I recommend you download it as quickly as possible. Obviously, we as Christians know that musing about the Lord makes us grateful for his hand in our lives. It also reminds us that we are not meant to go through life alone, nor do we because of His faithful presence. Maybe the hard part for us is taking the time to truly stop and reflect upon His goodness.
I encourage you to take a moment-myself included-and recall the first time you heard Him speak to you. Remember the day you heard Him specifically call you by name and be embraced by His love.
RG

No comments:

Post a Comment