Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finding the words...and finding the time

So I could bore all my readers with the multiple reasons and excuses as to why I have not posted things in a while. The reality is that we are all busy, and the Thanksgiving/Christmas Season just adds to that craziness. But for me, there was something different. Back in the late summer, I decided I would go on a Twitter/Facebook/Blog fast. At that point in time, I felt like I was spending large amounts of my time with all the social networking world. So much so, that I sometimes found myself thinking that I had become really good friends with people Travis Cottrell because I follow him on Twitter! (yes that does sound a little creepy & no i do not twitter stalk him) So the fast came and went, and yet I felt like God was not finished with me. That He was still inviting me to go deeper. Did I listen? If I could answer that question as gray as possible I would say "Sometimes." If I had to answer it in Black and White form...I would have to say "No I did not listen". I found myself diving right back into the things that were consuming me. The good news was that I was spending less time with them, the bad news was that it was not because of my choosing, it was because my schedule was becoming busy enough that I had barely enough time to check email.
Then I noticed I had not paid much attention to my blog. I remembered thinking back to my reasons for doing this. I wanted to create a space where I could write freely, dream big, laugh loudly, and richly inspire. So the last few post have been different videos and collections of things that have happened (and yes I know the snake story provided great humor for many). But I still felt like a clanging cymbal. I felt like I was posting for the sake of posting...as if I have thousands of readers who cannot wait to read my latest adventure...and if I didn't post something, then they were going to be highly disappointed! The reality was that I was not turning to the One who richly inspires me; who gives me the change to dream big and who has given me the gift of song and laughter.
So here I am, reflecting upon the past year and wondering what the next year will bring! I am praying that God would give me the words to say to extend his grace. I am praying that God would give me peace of mind about timing in my life. I am praying that all roads that I travel down this coming year and beyond, will draw me closer to Him and others to Him.

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment