Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boys

Do you remember that scene in the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus"? The scene where Mr. Holland, played by Richard Dreyfuss, sang this song to his deaf son after the death of John Lennon. It was a beautiful scene...and a great movie! Please rent it if you have not seen it! Fast Forward to July 20, 2012 in a Wichita Operating room...I found myself playing the lyrics in my mind as I met Keefer and Keegan for the first time at 8:27am and 8:29am. Even now, two weeks later, my mind is going back to the lyric "Before you go to sleep, say a little prayer. Everyday in every way, it's getting better and better." As I am holding them, that feeling that everyday is getting better and better. It's better because they are here and health! It's better because of the way Kerrington wants to help the twins when they are crying. It's better because Keller can't wait to show them how to play with trains. It's better and better because when I look in the eyes of all my children, I feel God's grace covering me and feel His spirit strengthening me and Ashley to be the best parents we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment