Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Monday, October 19, 2009

Look what we are in for...a Pink Extravaganza!


As many of you know, we did find out that our second child is going to be a girl! It has been a funny adventure at this point. People around here were so excited when we found out we were expecting. Of course everyone kept saying, "We really hope its a girl!" As if we could do something about it! LOL! Of course everyone, like us, wants the child to be healthy and to come at the correct time... unlike her older brother! So the expectations for this little one were already high! Then we got the news...she is in fact a she!!! Keller was right the entire time when he said that it was a "baby sister!"
The next day, I was on the phone with one of my choir members. She told me not to buy anything for the baby! I thought it was strange, so I asked why. She replied, "people really like shopping for baby girls! It is really fun!" In my mind, I could see how that is true, because there are some really wonderful and adorable outfits! The funny thing is that I did not realize how quick her statement would become a reality!
This weekend we had choir rehearsal for our Christmas show. Just as we were getting started, one of our choir members came in with a bag...a really big bag. So as we were getting started, she just kept looking at me! And then she stepped up and began talking about how exciting it is that we are having a little girl. Then she hands Ashley this bag and inside were at least a dozen outfits in different sizes and colors! It was an amazing and beautiful gift! At this same time I was thinking back and smiling about the phone conversation I had earlier in the week!
Of course the shopping did not stop there! We as the parents had to make our contribution to the closet of pink! We spent a some time at a consignment and of course Ashley found herself looking through the little outfits... and we did walk out with quite a bit!
So the kid has had two pretty good shopping sprees...and she is not even here! What does this say about the future? I confess, I am extremely excited that she is coming...and she will probably be a daddy's girl!!! But I promise you will NOT see me on one of those "Toddlers & Tiaras" episodes...Those people are a hot mess!

RG

1 comment: