Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, December 11, 2009

A View from the Director's Chair (part 1)...Performance Eve


Tonight we had our last dress rehearsal! I really cannot believe that the time has finally come! To be honest, I am already thinking about next monday and the big let down that always comes at the end of a performance. Maybe that is one of the bittersweet things about performing. You spend weeks and months perparing for this production...and then in 4, 2 hour performances you are done!

Everyone has worked really hard, and I am extremely proud of everyone! One of the cooliest things about this show is that, this production is not just for those who are gifted musically. There is a part for everyone, and I think everyone has embraced their roles/characters very well! Of course there is the perfectionist side of my that still has 30 items on the to-do list before tomorrow night, but I am resting in the knowledge that God is going to bless the efforts of my friends.

I think I enjoy this particular show so much because it takes this simple word Joy and builds 3 progressive themes. Our Joy as we experience the season of Christmas; our Joy as we relive the story of Christmas; and our Joy as we embrace the Savior of the World. We have taken a show that is truly much more then a production. I feel that it offers the audience an opportunity to particpate and be active! It invites them to particpate in worship as we remember Christmases of the past. Beloved carols, worship songs and scripture are woven together with the sounds and the spirit of the season. The act of rejoicing is timeless...just ask the angels! My prayer is that we can connect contemporary Christmas joy with the joy of those experiencing the first Christmas.

So to all the cast, choir, crew, and support staff, I say thank you for your committement to see this journey to the end! As Christians, we are all called to share the good news to those we encounter...and I cannot think of a better way then through this production we are presenting! You are a blessing to me and I thank you all for working with me. Remember to move/sing with purpose!


You are Loved!

RG


p.s. the phrase "move with purpose" is taken from one of my former directors, Krista Jo Miller!

No comments:

Post a Comment