Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Thursday, September 2, 2010

31 days of Prayer and Praise: The conclusion...or just the beginning?

Well this is the final day of my 31 days of prayer, fasting and praise. Can I be honest and tell you that this was really hard for me? And If I am really honest with myself, I can say that I do not think it is over. I had set a date to complete the fast on September 1st and I was proud of myself for not counting down the days until I would be able to eat lunch, send tweets, and even update my facebook status. In fact, I almost forgot about the date. But here was the interesting thing. Once I realized what day it was, my mind started thinking about what I was going to say, or tweet. As the day went on, I never did any of those things. But these 31 days were about so much more then giving up the technologies and foods that I love. Of course I knew that going into it, but yesterday was when it hit home. It was one of those days when nothing goes right, nothing goes as planned, and folks were just being down right ugly. Do you ever have one of those days? As the day went on, it was just one thing after another. I finally had to take a moment and not only pray to the Lord, but to offer up praise. As I was praying, I looked down at my desk and noticed my bible opened to the following passage:
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," (Ephesians 3:20)
After reading these words, my spirit was lifted. I could not let myself get bogged down in the things that were happening around me. Just because my fasting period was finishing, I could still hear his voice saying "go deeper. We are not finished." My heart has been up lifted during this time...and I am curious and anticipating what the Lord is going to reveal to me through his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment