Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grilling with Gage!


It is no secret that I love Barbecue! I love to eat it...and I love to cook it! My first Father's gift was a Weber Grill and my cooking life has never been the same. Grilling has given me the opportunity to experiment with different foods and flavors; and this weekend was no different. Occasionally, I will post on facebook and twitter some of the things that I am grilling...but I have never received the response that I did with this Father's Day recipe. I even had a gentleman send me his address, in the hopes that I would send him a bottle of the special sauce. Move Over Martha...there's a new cooking Diva in the house!!!!!!! Ok, not really, but here is my recipe for Grilled Pork loin with Cranberry Barbecue Sauce. It's a super easy and quick recipe for the sauce. I know there are other versions out there that take a little more time, which I will also be working on, but for the time being, my family and friends enjoyed the quick version.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups fresh cranberries(I used the Ocean Spray Bagged Cranberries)
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/2 barbecue Sauce
3 Tbs sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 gallon sized freezer bag

Pork Loin

In a medium pot,combine cranberries, juice, barbecue sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.

Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork loin and place in gallon sized freezer bag.

Place generous amount of cranberry BBQ sauce over pork loin and seal bag(make sure there is not air in the bag.
Set aside at least a 1/2 cup of sauce for garnish.

Massage the pork loin and sauce together for full coating. Let pork loin Marinate at least 45 minutes and up to 3 hours.

Prepare grill (gas or charcoal. For best result, use/create a indirect heat flow in your grill. This will stop the pork loin from cooking to fast and burning the marinade.
Grill meat for 10-12 minutes on each side (depends on the temperature of your grill).

Once grilled, remove pork loin and place on serving dish and cover. Allow at least 5 minutes for grilled pork loin to rest.

Once side dishes are prepared, cut pork loin and drizzle remaining sauce on top of the meat.

***OPTION**** If you would like a smooth texture to your sauce, you can puree sauce in a food processor. Simply follow recipe as written, once sauce is warmed, pour into processor and blend. Return to pot and simmer.

***OPTION*** Cranberries can be switched with blackberries or use 1/2 cup sugar free blackberry preserves.

Happy grilling!

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment