Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, June 24, 2011

Statements by Keller: God, Love, and Snoring!

I confess that this has been a really hard week for me emotionally. I find it interesting how kids can pick up on things. The last night, I was tucking Keller into bed and here is what he said to me.

Keller: "Daddy, I know you are sad...but I just wanted to say I am proud of you!"
Me: "Your proud of me? But I didn't do anything!"
Keller: "Yes you did daddy!"
Me: "OK! Well tell me what did I do?"
Keller: "I am proud of you because you love me just like God loves me...and that's a lot of love!"
Me:"Your right buddy! I do love you a lot"
Keller: "And you are funny and silly and you snore!"
Me:"What does snoring have to do with me loving you?"
Keller: "I don't know. You snore a lot and so you can't stay in my room for the slumber party...so you can leave now."

I am choosing to hold on to the part of the conversation about love and God...not about the snoring!

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment