Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Fun List 2011


The time is going by entirely to fast. I say this because our son Keller, graduated pre-school at the beginning of May...and he is ready to start Kindergarten! Even though he is ready, I am not sure that his parents are as ready!
In honor of his big accomplishment, I thought it would be a great idea to make this summer extra special. Those that know me well, know that I am a list maker. I have several note pads around the house with ideas and to-do's that come to mind. So in order to pass along my OCD gene to my son, I decided to create a Summer Fun List! It is the Top 10 things (actually 13) that he wanted to do before he starts kindergarten. I wanted to do this list for a couple of reasons. The first, I wanted him to have something to look back on and say "Hey that was a great Summer." Maybe it will inspire a new family tradition. The second, has to do with my own personal need to be active in the lives of my children. Growing up with a single parent did not necessarily provide the opportunity have a summer that was filled with activities and events every week for 3 months. The opportunities I did have I cherish, but I confess I want my children to have a totally different experience.
We will be tracking our success on this blog, facebook and twitter. I hope you will come along on this journey with us! Maybe you will even create a summer fun list for your kids! Of course there are other activities that Keller will be doing that are not included with this list...these are the items that were top priority to him...and yes he did come up with this list, with only a little help from his us.

KELLER'S SUMMER FUN LIST 2011

1. Going to church camp (for the first time)

2. Learn to tie my shoes

3. Make a really big Sand Castle

4. Ride a Bus (public transportation system)

5. Ride a real train

6. Go Bowling

7. Go see a Movie...especially Cars 2

8. Play in the water hose in the front yard.

9. Library Days

10. Go Roller skating

11. Go to the Zoo

12. Always play with my trains

and 13. Summer Trip to Disney World. He actually doesn't know about this last one. It will be a surprise for him at the end of the summer!

Let the Summer begin!!!

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment