Family Photo 2015

Family Photo 2015

Friday, March 5, 2010

Classic Blog Posts part I

For the next few weeks I have decided to go digging through the archives of my short blog life and reprint some of my previous adventures. I would like to thank the inventor of the journal for creating a blank book for me to fill with my thoughts...however crazy they may be at times. And I would like to thank the creator of myspace who gave me my first online blogging opportunity...sorry I don't check that account much anymore. Happy Reading!

Post Date: June 6, 2006

Well friends i can official say that I am a Florida Resident. Those that know me, know that I, for reasons I can not explain, always spot people using their hover rounds for unusual things. Yes granted this invention is probably the greatest thing to hit the market...but I thought all it was used for was to drive people up and down the sidewalk, not the street, or through a drive-thru (and yes I have seen both of those).
Anyway, So there I was in the local Walmart(I am always there..just ask Heather Biddle) waiting for my Dad to check out. I was waiting by the exit door that was clearly marked "exit". I know this because I have a simple policy about doors...if it says enter you walk in, if it says exit, you walk out. But I understand that there are some people in this world who refuse to following the small, simple, basic instructions. Which brings me to the rest of the story... As I was standing there by the exit, all I could see was this flash of hot pink headed into the store on the exit side...little did she know that although the first set of doors open for her, the sensors are not universal and therefore the second door would not open for her as she continued to cruise and eventually crash right into the air tight doors. All you could hear was the screech of her tires, her small yelp, and my big laugh as I doubled over into the floor. I think the only time I laughed that hard was at Heather Biddle's New Year's Eve party, when Lindsey had a small episode with a homemade Jewish decoration (and to this day I still laugh loud and hard about that).
Back to the story...After I picked myself up out of the aisle, I thought I should at least check on the lady, but to my surprise she had quickly regained herself and headed into the store...through the correct door. Only, her front tire had a slightly different spin.
There are two lessons to be learned by this story. 1.) you should always know which doors are marked enter & exit. 2.) Never, ever, ever, doing anything embarrassing in front of me. It is clear that I would not be able to help you in any way because I would be to busy picking myself up off the floor after laughing. Just keep in mind that I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you...who am I kidding, I am laughing at you!

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment